Saints In Praise (SIP) ... Gospel Industry News, Music, Just News & More!!!

Also visit our website: http://www.saintsinpraise.com

Saturday, September 10, 2005

NASCAR RACING at RIR



Richmond International Raceway (RIR)
September 8, 9, 10, 2005



Report by: Paulette Singleton

NOTE: Visit our site again for additional photos from the race.

Once again NASCAR racing took place in Richmond, Virginia and I was apart of the Media staff covering the event. It’s my understanding that people camp out days before the racing takes place.

I have lived in Richmond most of my life and this year was the first year that I attended any race at RIR. Yes I have visited the location many times, to attend different events like the computer show, the doll show, arts and crafts, of course, the Virginia State Fair.

How I got involved was when a friend ask me to come along to be his photographer and to capture some of the behind the scene activities.

I was highly impressed with the how techno savvy the racing industry has become. A great number of media, press, reporters and photographers attend the NASCAR races. There are rooms set up for the press and photographers wired with Ethernet cables for direct Internet access. This type of setup will allow anyone to report immediately what is happen at the racetrack via their laptop.

On September 9th, I had the pleasure and opportunity to see and talk to Mr. Bill Lester. I first met him in Washington, DC at the National Press Club. Mr. Lester is an African racecar driver. Mr. Lester participated in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. As you may know the Truck series will not race again in Richmond, VA. Mr. Bill Lester of Oakland, CA drives a Toyota Truck # 22, team name: SunTrust Toyota, Crew Chief: Doug Wilcott.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home